Join Moustapha in Guinea, West Africa!
Trip options from December 16, 2013 – February 28, 2014
We will be drumming for 2 hours and dancing 4 hours each day. Student drummers will play for all dance classes (five days of the week), and will be accompanied by a master artist from The Ballets Africains or Djoliba.The classes are geared toward intermediate to advanced students. We will arrange for beginner classes if needed. There will be an emphasis placed on style and technique.
SOME OF THE TRIPS
- CONAKRY: We are in the suburb of Kissosso, which is our base and the home of Le Bagatae school.
- ROM: A weekend will be spent on this fun island of Conakry to relax while dancing and drumming.
- KIFINDA: We will spend 5 days in the Bagatae region (home of Moustapha’s family) with side trips in this region to: Kolissokho, Danse, Mankountan, Mintani, Dubreka (home of Moustapha’s mother) and Kendoumaya (region of Moustapha’s grandmother).
- EXTRA WORKSHOPS: Mukhu Khonyi Fare and “Special 20th Anniversary event”
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- VISAS: Are required. We will assist you in acquiring your Visa. You WILL need a valid passport, 2 photos, and will have to contact the guinean embassy or consulate. For Europe, Visas are available in Brussels and Paris.
- VACCINATIONS: Yellow fever is REQUIRED. You must obtain this 2 weeks before departure. Weather: Guinea temperatures range in the 90’s during December, January and February. Bring light clothing… cotton is best.
- LODGING: Dormitory style with western showers and toilets in Kissosso. In Kifinda, Dubreka, Kendoumaya, Kolissokho, Kindia and Rom, lodging is in traditional pavilions and round huts. It’s best to have your own tent.
- MEALS: The meals are prepared by N’Gady Bangoura and family members. There are three meals per day. Vegetarians and special diets can be accommodated.
- SPECIAL EVENTS: There are special events and parties during the month. During the evening, there is singing and culture time.
- FREE TIME: Go to the market, Yankady, Doudoumba (dancing), or relax!
1 / Special Student Workshop
January 6, 2014 thru January 20 – 2014
Price includes Room and Board, Dance and Drum classes. Airport pickup. Trip to Rom (a fun island). Trips to Kifinda, Bagatae village available. Air Transportation not included – you will need to purchase your own roundtrip ticket to Guinea.
2 / Adult Program
December 16, 2013 thru End of February 2014
- A/ 2 WEEKS $ 1,200.00
- B/ 3 WEEKS $ 1,800.00
- C/ 4 WEEKS $ 2,400.00
- D/ 5 WEEKS $ 3,000.00
- E/ 6 WEEKS $ 3,500.00
- F/ 7 WEEKS $ 3,900.00
More than 7 weeks, contact us.
Price includes Room and Board, Dance and Drum classes. Air Transportation not included.Airport pickup.Trip to Rom, Kifinda, Kolissokhö, Boffa and Dubreka. You will need also to purchase your own ticket roundtrip to Guinea.
- Downpayment: $500.00 due at the time of registration.
- Final payment: due November 15, 2012 Checks or money orders payable to: Moustapha BANGOURA. US Funds only.
- Cancellation policy: there is a $350.00 fee for cancellations made one month prior to trips. If a cancellation is made within or less than 4 weeks of trip, 75% of your full payment will be refunded.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Austin, TX: Sunny Suit / 415.286.2009 – Elvie Underwood / 832.465.8807
- Chicago, IL: Delia Tyson / 773.270.1668
- Washington DC : Sylvia Hall / 301.386.2295
- Paris, France: Maryse Zalesztejne / 011 33 148 593520
- New Zealand: Ojeya Cruz Banks /64 03 21 226 4022
- Fort Wayne, Indiana: Ketu Oladuwa / 260 413.4430